Friday, July 26, 2013

So far so good...



But... this is the eve of destruction.  Or so I'm trying to avoid.  You guessed it....





Tomorrow we are going to the beach -- ugh -- and there will be LOTS of food, snacks, desserts to be had (the group we go with are VERY accomplished packers!)

Anyhoo... today two things happened that made me go all "FML":

1) I went to the store to pick up a "slimming" bathing suit.  FAIL.  I looked horrible.  I'm not sure what kinda "slimming" the makers of those suits were shooting for but I'm guessing it's for those skinny people that complain about their "pooch" on their stomachs that, to me, look more like all they need to do is take a shit.

2) I went and saw my daughter's wedding pictures.  Exactly what I didn't want to see, I saw.  Fat mama.  The only pics that are semi-redeemable were the candid ones and that's just because at least in some of them I had a remotely flattering angle.

Look, the way I see it is this... I only want to lose 45 lbs.  I see bazillions of "I did it!" websites where people lost 3 times that much in a year.  I think it's reasonable to shoot for losing my 45 in 3 months.

Though, I'd prefer 3 days.  ;)

Onward and downward,
LLoF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any help or encouragement is appreciated! Comments are moderated so if you are planning to spam my comments, don't bother.